Women economic emancipation initiative (WEEI) is an NGO is non- political, non- religious and cuts across ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria. The aim of the NGO’s program is to reduce poverty among women and youth through utilization of locally source material and waste product to transform some to finished product of international standard which have reached most part of Africa and beyond. it is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Women Affairs Nigeria, Nigeria Export Promotion Council, Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS sure p employer).
- Home /
- About Us
WOMEN ECONOMIC EMANCIPATION INITIATIVE
Strengthening the economic base of women and youth by removing any economic or social impediments that affect them through:
- Sensitization programmes on effects of HIV, Drug abuse, Child Labour, etc on economic impact.
- Literacy programmes and vocational trainings.
- Skills and entrepreneurial development programs for women and youth engaged in businesses.
- Grants /assistance to physically challenged women to engage in economic activities for self-sustainability.
- Home based care for the vulnerable and physically challenged women engaged in economic activities.
To economically empower women and youth by removing any economic or social constraints so that they become economically relevant in their immediate environment; communities and the society at large. The ultimate is to have food on the table.
WEEI operates in five(5) states but active in four out of the five due to financial constraints. We are present in Adamawa, Borno, Taraba and Gombe.
The NGO is funded majorly by the Members of the Board of Trustee, Donor agencies where possible and the Coordinator with donations from other well spirited individuals and organizations.