Women economic emancipation initiative (WEEI) is Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which is non- political, non- religious and cuts across ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission in Nigeria. The aim of the NGO’s program is to reduce poverty among women, youth and the vulnerable. It is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria, Federal Ministry of Women Affairs Nigeria and Nigeria Export Promotion Council.
- Home /
- About Us
WOMEN ECONOMIC EMANCIPATION INITIATIVE
Strengthening the economic base of women and youth by removing any economic or social impediments that affect them through:
- Sensitization programmes on effects of HIV, Drug abuse, Child Labour, etc on economic impact.
- Literacy programmes and vocational trainings.
- Skills and entrepreneurial development programs for women and youth engaged in businesses.
- Grants /assistance to physically challenged women to engage in economic activities for self-sustainability.
- Home based care for the vulnerable and physically challenged women engaged in economic activities.
To economically empower women and youth by removing any economic or social constraints so that they become economically relevant in their immediate environment; communities and the society at large. The ultimate is to have food on the table.
Women and youth and the vulnerable engaged in economic activities.
The NGO is funded majorly by the Members of the Board of Trustee and the Coordinator with donations from other well spirited individuals and organizations. From Organizations however, only TYDanjuma Foundation had so far assisted with little grant in 2013/2014 under Income Generation activities.